Organiser: Digital Communications and Campaigns
Union Aid Aboard-APHEDA is the global justice organisation of the Australian trade union movement. We work globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights. We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity, and support at times of crisis.
This position’s overall responsibility is to coordinate the work in the area of communications, design, digital and online communities. This involves working across the breadth of the international program, all staff and all partner organisations in demonstrating the achievement and challenges of the global justice program.
This role is suitable for either an experienced digital communications organiser, or someone with less experience but an with ability to learn quickly and be confident in all written communications as well as efficient planning of communications workload.
Key responsibilities include:
- Online Campaigning and Social Media: Work collaboratively with a small campaign and organising team who produce content and organise online communities. Includes developing innovative content to help engage and recruit members, amplify campaigns, and manage digital communications and campaigns, with a focus on email, website content and producing engaging content for social media platforms.
- Message Design & Development: Work in collaborative campaign and organising team to design messaging that underpins digital organising and campaign work both in Australia and internationally. Execution will encompass all digital communication mediums — especially website, email and social media.
- Content Creation: Work in a collaborative campaign team that oversees the production and distribution of content for communication through digital channels. Strong web and graphic design skills are necessary. (Experience using WordPress, Adobe Suite and Canva highly desirable).
- Design, Layout and production of materials: Execute design and layout of campaign and fundraising materials
- Member communication: Production of monthly e-news and website maintenance and where required, other donor communications.
- Fundraising design and implementation: Implement core fundraising activities including the twice yearly fundraising appeals. Help initiate new or alternative fundraising approaches using digital strategies.
- Training/Capacity Building: Participate, as part of a team, in work that disperses key digital organising skills to other Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA staff and partners.
- Reporting, Tracking and Program Evaluation: Defining growth goals and executing measurable plan for expanding the digital assets of APHEDA as well as producing regular reports on digital actions and digital growth.
- Other duties as directed.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Experience working on union, political, or issue based campaigns with a collective focus.
- Design and layout skills and experience including using InDesign and Canva
- High level digital fluency, including knowledge of and experience with: Campaign Monitor, WordPress, Google Analytics, Campaign Monitor, video editing tools etc.
- Experience with, or drive to learn, best practices with online organising, communications and fundraising
- Demonstrated success maintaining and growing social media communities
- Ability and desire to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience liaising, working with, and managing relationships with affiliated organisations and partners.
- Experience with, knowledge of, and/or passion for trade unions and social movements nationally and internationally.
Preference given to candidates possessing the following skills:
- Persuasive writing/editing skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Video production skills
- Email and website optimisation through testing
- Experience with analysis and report generation
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA staff and activist groups, Overseas partner organisations,
Australian unions, relevant Australian government staff
- This position will be based in Sydney or Melbourne
- Terms and conditions of employment are as per the Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA Enterprise agreement and involve family friendly and flexible work
- The salary for this position is $77-390 – 81,644 gross annual dependent on experience
- 4 or 5 days per week, 37.5 hours full-time equivalent
- Permanent with 3 month probationary period
- Superannuation (@15%) is additional.
- Salary packaging is also available worth approximately 10% of salary.
- 4 weeks annual leave plus additional Xmas-New Year period.
- Some travel within Australia and out of hours work is expected.
- Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable people. As such, the successful applicants will be required to sign our Child Protection Code of Conduct and will be subject to a police check and other screening tests.
Applications should include a cover letter and a statement addressing all selection criteria. Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 5pm Friday 22 October 2021. Please send your application including a CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to Ms Kate Lee, Executive Officer by email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation. Women and people of colour are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.