Organiser: Digital Communications and Campaigns (maternity leave cover)
Position: Organiser: Digital Communications and Campaigns (maternity leave contract until April 2020)
Responsibility: Communications, design, digital and online communities campaigning and organising
Days per week: 4 days per week, 37.5 hours (part-time)
Salary: AU$74,724 gross annual (pro-rata part time at 4 days/week)
Annual Leave: 4 weeks per year
Reports to: Executive Officer
Based in: Sydney
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA was established in 1984 by the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) as the Australian union movement’s overseas aid arm. Our purpose is for Australian unions to work globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights. We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity and support in times of crisis. We work through local partner organisations and unions in South East Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East and southern Africa.
Key responsibilities include:
- Online Campaigning: Be part of a campaign and organising team who produce content and organise online communities for Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA. Includes managing specific online communications and campaigns, with a focus on email, web publishing and social media platforms.
- Message Design & Development: Work in collaborative campaign and organising team to design narratives that underpin online organising and campaign work in Australian and internationally. Execution will encompass all online communication mediums — especially website, email and social media.
- Content Creation: Work in a collaborative campaign team that oversee the production and distribution of content for communication through online and social media channels. Strong web and graphic design skills are necessary.
- Design, Layout and production of materials: Execute design and layout of campaign and fundraising materials
- Member communication: Production of monthly e-news and website maintenance and where required, other donor communications.
- Fundraising design and implementation: Implement existing core fundraising events and activities and help initiate new or alternative approaches using digital strategies.
- Training/Capacity Building: Participate, as part of a team in work that disperses key on and offline organising skills to other Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA staff and partners.
- Reporting, Tracking and Program Evaluation: Defining growth goals and executing measurable plan for expanding the digital assets of the APHEDA as well as producing regular reports on digital actions and digital growth.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience working on union, political, or issue-based campaign(s) with a collective focus.
- Design and layout skills and experience including using Photoshop, InDesign, Canva
- High-level digital fluency, including knowledge of and experience with: Campaign Monitor, WordPress, Google Analytics, etc.
- Experience with, or drive to learn, best practices with online organising, communications and fundraising
- Demonstrated success maintaining and growing social media communities
- Ability and desire to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience liaising, working with, and managing relationships with affiliated organisations and partners.
- Experience with, knowledge of, and/or passion for trade unions and social movements nationally and internationally.
Deadline: 5pm 31 May 2019
Please send your application including a CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to Ms Kate Lee, Executive Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation. Women and people of colour are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews
Download the full job description.