Position Vacant: Volunteer Technical Advisor – Cambodia
Women Workers Rights through Stronger Trade Unions
1 April 2020 to 30 July 2020 (with possibility of extension)
Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA is seeking applications for a voluntary placement with its Cambodia country program.
This is an ideal opportunity for qualified individuals interested in international development and women workers rights. The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to engage with Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA Cambodia partners (the Building and Woodworkers Trade Union Federation of Cambodia, Cambodian Food and Service Workers Federation and the Independent Democracy Employees Association); supporting their efforts to secure Decent Work for Cambodian women and to promote the rights of women as workers in the construction and hospitality industries, as well as women involved in the informal economy.
This position will contribute to Union Aid Abroad – APHEDA’s thematic priorities of Trade Union development, workers’ rights and safety at work, Women’s rights and feminist movement development. It will also play an important role in the establishment of a new and exciting Union Aid Abroad APHEDA project in Cambodia, titled ‘Women Worker’s Rights through Stronger Trade Unions’.
- Contribute to strengthening the role of women within each of the three partner unions.
- Contribute to better representation of women union members and other women worker’s needs and rights by the three partner unions.
- Experience in organisational capacity strengthening in developing country settings, or can demonstrate comparable experience
- Experience in gender and/or women’s rights programming with a focus on access to Decent Work.
- Experience working with trade unions or representative worker’s associations.
- Proven ability to design and implement needs assessments, to analyse results and formulate appropriate organisational development plans.
- Well-developed facilitation and training skills.
- Evidence of strong English language report writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel to and live in Phnom Penh for the duration of the appointment.
Due Diligence: The successful applicant will be required to agree to due diligence checks including (if available) Police checks, Working with Children checks and counter-terrorism checks. Union Aid Abroad has Codes of Conduct for ethical and professional behaviour and which key personnel are required to agree to and sign. This position is subject to these conditions.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Dates: 1 April to July 31st with a possibility of extension.
Remuneration: The position is voluntary, with a living allowance of US$65.00 per day – to cover accommodation and living expenses while in Phnom Penh.
Applications close February 7th
Access the Terms of Reference and instructions on how to apply by following this link.