Position Vacant: Quality, Impact, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Palestine)
Position: Quality, Impact, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Location: Position employed in Australia, based in the Occupied Palestinian Territories
Union Aid Abroad‐APHEDA is seeking a person for the position of Quality, Impact, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
Click here for a full duty statement.
Responsibility: Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA consortium for AMENCA3 program in Occupied Palestinian Territories
Days per week: 5 days per week, 37.5 hours, Fixed term until 30 June 2021.
Salary: AUD $80,964 gross annual
Annual Leave: 4 weeks per year
Reports to: Executive Officer in Sydney via International Programs Manager
Based in: Ramallah, Occupied Palestinian Territories
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA was established in 1984 by the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) as the Australian union movement’s overseas aid arm. Our purpose is for Australian unions to work globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights. We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity and support in times of crisis. We work through local partner organisations and unions in South East Asia, the Pacific, the Middle East and southern Africa.
- High level of expertise in community development and all aspects of the international development project cycle, with particular focus on sustainability, transparency, safeguarding and accountability, as well as on systems of assessment, appraisal, design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Recent experience with donor requirements, in particular with government donors.
- Substantial experience in establishing and maintaining international development capacity building partnerships around design, monitoring, evaluation, reporting.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an area relevant to development (eg. studies in environment, health, gender, labour, agriculture, hydrology, anthropology, sociology, peace & conflict, international politics, political economy, community development, popular education)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and foster productive collaborative learning relationships with colleagues and key partners.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage budgets and financial accountability.
- Demonstrated high level abilities in oral and written communication in English.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage time, effective divisions of labour, complex and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Understanding of the Australian and international trade union movement and other key social movements.
- Proven abilities to network and negotiate with local and international stakeholders, including government representatives.
- Ability to travel and live overseas in constrained environments.
- Basic language skills in Arabic.
- Experience in Palestine or Palestinian communities
- Abilities in development projects in agriculture, food sovereignty, environment and market systems
Full time equivalent gross salary is $80,964 AUD with employer contribution to super at 15%. Living allowances also apply.
Applications should include a cover letter and a statement addressing all selection criteria. Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 5pm Friday 13 December 2019. Please send your application including a CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to Ms Kate Lee, Executive Officer by email : email@example.com.
Inquiries to Ken Davis on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
About Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA, the global justice organisation of the Australian trade union movement, works in 15 countries in over 40 projects with local community organisations and trade unions. We seek to support the development of effective labour and social movements. For more information go to www.apheda.org.au
Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation. Women and people of colour are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews