Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an Australian Company Limited by Guarantee and a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC). It has a governing Board that meets four times a year and its Board members are either appointed by the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU) or elected by its members. The Board may also appoint experts to sit on the Board in a non-voting capacity.
The current Board is:
- Angelo Gavrielatos (Chairperson)
- Michele O’Neil (Vice-Chairperson)
- Mark Lennon (Treasurer)
- Marjorie O’Callaghan (Secretary)
- Andrew Dettmer
- Michelle Robertson
- Danae Bosler
- Michael Wright
- Betty Hounslow (Appointed Expert)
The Executive Officer of Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is Kate Lee.
The Board has one delegated sub-committee, the Finance and Risk sub-committee. Its members are:
- Mark Lennon, Hon. Treasurer and Chair of sub-committee
- Peter Cozens, external expert representative
- Kate Lee, Executive Officer
- Lois Rahayu, Chief Finance Officer
The Board or Executive Officer may be contacted by emailing email@example.com or phoning +61 2 9264 9343.
The Constitution of Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA can be found here.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Australian unions working globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights.
We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity and support in times of crisis.