Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is seeking an international development expert for a vacancy on its board. This position is for an appointed expert as outlined in the constitution and contributes at board meetings in a non-voting capacity. The expertise of this role is highly valued by the organisation. The board meets four times a year in March, June, September and November. The AGM is in December annually.
- Experience at senior level in development practice for several years, preferably in the Australian context
- Experience working at senior level with an accredited Australian International Development aid organisation is highly valued
- Commitment to the Australian union movement and its values
- Commitment to participatory values and principles in medium to long term international development
- Ability to attend and contribute at four board meetings annually, one AGM and provide advice from time to time outside of board meetings
- Relevant qualifications
About Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA:
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is the global justice organisation of the Australian union movement founded in 1984 by the ACTU President Cliff Dolan and an Australian nurse, Helen McCue. We work in solidarity with trade unions and community organisations in low-income countries in the Asia-Pacific region, South Africa and the Middle East, to build strong movements for justice across thematic areas of workers’ rights, women’s rights, climate change and Just Transition and rights for migrant workers and refugees.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is accredited with DFAT and is a signatory to ACFID’s Code of Conduct.
Women, First Nations peoples and people of colour are encouraged to express interest.
Queries or Expressions of Interest with a CV can be sent to the Executive Officer, Kate Lee via email firstname.lastname@example.org