JOBS: Myanmar Campaign Manager
Myanmar Campaign Manager – Flexible Location
- Applications close: 27th Feb 2022
- Working Remotely/Flexible Locations – 12 months contract
The Myanmar Campaign Network is a network of Australian human rights and aid NGOs, trade unions and Myanmar diaspora organisations working to support the campaign for democracy in Myanmar.
The Myanmar Campaign Network in coordination with Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is seeking a Campaign Manager for a 12 month period.
The Campaign Manager is responsible for working with and assisting the Myanmar diaspora community organisations and Australian civil society organisations to plan, coordinate and deliver human rights campaigns and advocacy towards civilian rule in Myanmar.
The Campaign Manager assists in building and maintaining an Australian campaign including media, social media and movement coordination to drive policy change primarily aimed at Australian government policy.
The role provides coordination and expertise to Australian civil society organisations, networks and other stakeholders who wish to work in concert with Myanmar diaspora organisations.
The Campaign Manager will be required to coordinate and lead campaigns and make use of a variety of campaigning strategies and tactics.
- Build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with the Myanmar diaspora communities;
- Support existing Myanmar diaspora and advocacy networks to build community mobilisation for coordinated advocacy
- Deliver innovative campaign strategies across a range of channels including lobbying decision makers, events, digital and news media
- Maintain regular communications with other international Myanmar campaign groups for coordination of global campaigning priorities and strategies
- Access accurate and current information to act as a key source of campaign content and strategy advice
- Represent Myanmar campaigns and human rights research to decision makers, influencers, media and public forums
- Ensure consistency of campaign strategies and content with established principles, policies and procedures
- Evaluate project and campaign outcomes and make recommendations for greater impact and effectiveness
- Produce and deliver communications as relevant to the role, using a range of channels and technologies
- Perform the role to a high standard within agreed timelines
- Other tasks within skills and competence as required
For selection criteria and to apply, please go here: https://www.ethicaljobs.com.au/members/apheda/myanmar-campaign-manager-flexible-location-3?keywords=myanmar&page=1