Classification: 3A-B (APHEDA EBA)
Gross Salary: $99,099 – $103,136 AUD per annum, pro-rata half-time
Location: Sydney-based or ability to travel to Sydney regularly
Position reports to: Co-Executive Officer (International)
Position Type: Fixed term for 24 months (2.5 days a week)
Union Aid Aboard-APHEDA is the global justice organisation of the Australian trade union movement. We work globally in partnership for the achievement of dignity at work, social justice, economic equality and the realisation of human rights. We work to achieve this through strong unions and social movements, sustainable development programs, global solidarity, and support at times of crisis.
The overall responsibility of the position is to support the coordination of the international program with regard to quality improvement and program implementation issues. The role works with the International Program Manager (IPM) and the Co-Executive Officers and may provide supervision of the staff based in Australia with international responsibilities, from time to time.
The position helps provide strategic guidance and operational support to the programs run through in-country offices. It also supports the Co-Executive Officers in ensuring oversight of the accreditation and other quality improvement processes.
- Collaborate with other senior staff members on strategy, planning, operational and budgetary matters;
- Be committed to achieving shared organisational goals.
- Assist in coordination of work in international work of the organisation.
- Engage with trade unions leaders in Australia and internationally where required to build support for the work of APHEDA.
Coordination of quality processes in the international program team
- Ensure quality processes are adhered to at all levels of project and program management.
- Ensure processes are in place that enable the elaboration of budgets, the timely sharing of information and reporting to management and donors.
- Facilitate regular program reviews to ensure all projects are coherent with the Strategic Plan, outcomes are in line with expectations and expenses are in line with budgets.
- Coordinate induction and training of new staff.
- Coordinate capacity building, training and support for international team.
Accreditation and quality management
- Build and review systems to ensure adherence to industry standards (DFAT NGO Accreditation framework, ACFID Code of Conduct).
- Manage monitoring and evaluation system.
- Assist with policy review and development.
- Coordinate and support accreditation preparation
Other duties as directed.
- Strong and demonstrated development experience of at least 5 years, with preference given to those who understand the quality standards of the Australian aid program.
- Excellent analytical, planning and organisational skills including project management skills. Ability to contribute with critical and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability in managing all aspects of the project management cycle including assessment of need, implementation, evaluation and monitoring.
- Capable of working effectively in fast paced and challenging environments.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills, able to build and maintain relationships and networks effectively within the organisation and outside of it, in support of APHEDA’s goals, and to make informed judgements about labour and community organising.
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work independently, within the context of a plan, and having a track record of achieving targets.
- Demonstrated commitment to union values – justice, compassion, equity and the dignity of workers – alongside a dedication to and good understanding of labour movement and social movement dynamics, including trade union development.
- Computer literate, including good knowledge of office information technology applications, including spreadsheets, and presentation software.
- Ability to work in Australia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Relevant university qualifications
- Experience of DFAT accreditation process would be an advantage.
Co-Executive Officer (International)
International Program Manager, international and Australia-based staff of Union Aid Abroad APHEDA, Australian Unions, as well as international partner organisations including global and local unions.
- This position will be based in Sydney or the successful candidate must ensure they can travel regularly to Sydney.
- Terms and conditions of employment are as per the Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA Enterprise Agreement, which includes 15% superannuation, salary packaging worth approximately 10% of salary and family-friendly conditions.
- The gross salary for this position is $99,099 – $103,136 annually (Salary packaging option is available)
- 5 days/week for a fixed period of 24 months
- 4 weeks annual leave pro-rata plus additional Xmas-New Year period.
Applications should include a cover letter and a statement addressing all selection criteria. Applications that do not address all selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications close 30 March 2023. Please send your application including a CV and application letter addressing the selection criteria to Ms Kate Lee, Executive Officer via Ethical Jobs.
For queries please email Sharan KC at email@example.com.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is an equal opportunity organisation. Women, people of colour and First Nations peoples are supported to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.