ASBESTOS. Not here. Not anywhere.
We know asbestos kills. In some countries, asbestos is still mined, manufactured and used. Every day thousands of people are still exposed to deadly asbestos.
While some people profit, other people die. The World Health Organisation says the most efficient way to eliminate asbestos-related diseases is to stop the use of all types of asbestos.
As long as Asbestos is being used anywhere, it remains a risk, everywhere.
Union Aid Abroad-APHEDA is building a movement of people in Australia to join with movements of people in countries in South East Asia in their efforts to see asbestos banned and eradicated.
1. Join APHEDA – contribute to the global organising efforts to eradicate asbestos.
2. Be one of the thousands we need to win – download your solidarity sign.
3. Share your solidarity sign using #NotHereNotAnywhere and/or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Use this Action Pack to talk to others and get them signed up too.
5. Download posters for your workplace.
6. Download a presentation and use it to educate others in your workplace and community.
Meet LION: Our partner in Indonesia
LION’s vision is that all Indonesians can work without fear of injury or illness from their jobs because workplace health and safety hazards are understood and recognized by all. Visit LION